The award-winning Alpha series is the pinnacle of design, functionality, and comfort. Building on the ErgoFit design and expanding on successes of the fourth iteration, the Alpha 5.0 focuses on past design strengths while introducing new functional changes. This 6-liter race vest has 9 pockets accessible on the go. New cord locks on the Z-pole attachment allow for easier access. Updated magnet positioning on the passage pocket provides more capacity for larger items. The passage pocket has been updated to a nylon polyurethane coated fabric which keeps its contents dry. Updates to the side zipper pockets allow for easier access. In addition, another layer has been introduced which adds a quick stash pocket underneath the zippered pockets. The front harness bottle pockets are now taller allowing for a wider variety of bottle options. The pocket mesh has also been updated to a powernet mesh which gives more stretch and added durability. The overall body mesh has been updated to the UltrAcool Light Mesh for a more breathable on-the-body feel. Available in three sizes.
- Rapid access pockets
- UltrAcool Light Mesh
- Large zipper pulls
- Dual sided removable insulated reservoir compartment
- Extra soft no chafe binding
- Secure drawstring pocket
- Large & flat front pockets
- Easy access passage pocket
- Double layered 30D fabric reinforcement at the stress points
- Trekking pole attachments
Weight: 9.6 oz (272 g)
Colors: Blue/Cherry Tomato
Sizing Range: Sm, Md, Lg
Volume: 366 c.i. (6L)
ErgoFit: The human body is complex with intricate detail and function. The same attention to detail is present in the design of our packs to enable precise movement, contact, and weight distribution which ensures that there is never any inhibition to the biomechanics of the human body.
- Shoulder straps: Human shoulders aren’t straight, so a pack’s shoulder straps shouldn’t be either. Longer straps allow the back portion to sit deeper on the neck to prevent any rubbing. This addition in length helps to create slope as the straps come over the top of the shoulders and around the neck following the natural curve of the body. The harness then follows an S curve around the arms and chest area to avoid any hindrance to the running motion.
- Weight Distribution: The harness construction also helps to keep the pack balanced at any capacity to ensure the same high quality fit empty or fully loaded. In regards to balance, the load is positioned lower on the back closer to the body’s center of gravity, the hips. This placement helps to stop unnecessary energy expenditure during the long haul.
Ultracool System: When the human body exerts force, 80% of the power it generates is converted to thermal energy. This means that most of the energy you use when running, climbing, or doing anything else is lost and becomes heat. The hotter you are, the worse you perform. The Ultracool System is a collection of technologies designed to dissipate heat and keep you cool. This system allows you to maintain a lower body temperature by dispersing heat during intense activity, keeping you performing at the highest level.
- Small Footprint: Anatomically engineered, the pack covers only what is necessary on the body to keep it secure thus allowing for your temperature to remain cooler during heavy energy exertion.
- Ultracool Mesh: The most breathable mesh on the market, this 3-layered, large holed honeycomb mesh is made from polyester which helps to draw moisture away from the skin without absorption.
- Insulated Bladder Compartment: Made of Mylar, the insulated compartment reflects and traps temperatures to help keep fluids hot or cold. Additional foam with air pockets creates more space for the insulation to take effect.
- Max02™ Sternum: The Max02™ Sternum is a shock cord securing system that helps create a comfortable & natural breathing pattern while at the same time keeping the pack secure. The shock cord allows for stretch outward and 100% rebound which keeps the pack snug against your body empty or fully loaded with no restriction of movement.
MD (34"-39"), SM (31"-36"), LG (Chest Size: 37"-42")